Whales & Fraser Island Trails
- Duration: 12 Hours (approx.)
- Location: Hervey Bay, QLD
- Product code: WFT1
Hervey Bay Whale Watch offers a half day Whale Watching Cruise aboard Quick Cat II and a full day Fraser Explorer Day Tour package.
Join the team at Hervey Bay Whale Watch for a fun, educational and exciting Whale Watch experience aboard Quick Cat II. Quick Cat II is one of the fastest boats in the fleet making sure you get maximum time to spend with our beautiful Humpback Whales. Quick Cat II is purpose built specifically for whale watching with its 5 spacious viewing decks across 3 different levels, amphitheatre seating and full wheelchair and pram access around the whole main deck. Quick Cat II is the only boat in the fleet allowing uninterrupted full 360 degree views on ALL levels ensuring you get the close encounter you've dreamed of.
DEPARTURE TIMES & LOCATION:
Please ensure all guests check in to our Floating Office for Whale Watching ONLY at least 15 minutes prior to your departure time.
Office & Boat Address: Great Sandy Straits Marina, 17 Buccaneer Dr, Urangan, QLD, 4655
We are the only floating office located right at the boat, look for the red harpoon gun on the board walk and you have found us. Walk through the office check in with one of our lovely office staff members and head on through onto Quick Cat II.
If you experience unexpected delays please call us as soon as you can. If you cannot make departure time your ticket is transferable to another cruise (subject to availability)
Morning Whale Watch Cruise: Departing Urangan Harbour at 7:00AM, for a scenic cruise via Kingfisher Bay Resort, Fraser Island to pick up guests then on to see the Humpback Whales and returning at 12:30PM
Afternoon Cruise: Departing the Urangan Harbour at 1:00PM travelling directly out to see the Humpback Whales and returning at 5:00PM.
WHALES & FRASER ISLAND TRAILS INCLUSIONS/HIGHLIGHTS:
- Courtesy pick up & return from accommodation
- Tea & Coffee, A light breakfast and Morning Tea or Tea & Coffee, Afternoon Tea and an antipasto platter (Whale Watching)
- Informative Commentary + Local Knowledge & History
- Australia's most experienced Whale Watch crew
- Hydrophone equipped to listen to the beautiful singing of the whales underwater
- Fully licensed
- Non smoking vessel
- Guided Tour of Fraser Island in air-conditioned 4WD bus
- Professional Commentary
- Lunch at Eurong Beach Resort
You have the option of choosing a Morning Whale Watch Cruise or an Afternoon Whale Watch Cruise on one day and a full day Fraser Explorer Day Tour on another day and can choose which order you would like to do the package in eg.- Whale Watching on the 1st day & Fraser Island on the 2nd day or the other way around. When booking confirmation is sent to you it will have attached the pick up time for the Kingfisher Bay Resort bus for your Fraser Explorer Day Tour.
On the Fraser Explorer Day Tour you will visit Lake McKenzie, Central Station, Eastern Beach, Eli Creek, Pinnacle coloured sands, Maheno Shipwreck and enjoy a delicious lunch at Eurong Beach Resort. You will be taken to these beautiful places on an air-conditioned 4WD bus with professional commentary from a Fraser Island tour guide.
WHAT TO BRING:
- Enclosed Shoes (Fraser Explorer Tour)
- Camera (preferably waterproof)
- Sense of adventure
- Money for drinks, snacks, souvenirs, whale swim, activities at Kingfisher Bay Resort if desired.
- Exciting opportunity to swim with the Humpback Whales - Extra $95.00 paid upon completion of swim (Weather permitting & conditions apply)
* THIS PACKAGE CAN ONLY BE BOOKED FROM AUGUST 1ST - OCTOBER 21ST *
Please contact our office for any enquiries:
Phone: 1800 671 977 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org